Saturday 12 October 2013

Guerlain Paris La Petite Robe Noir Eau de Toilette


During a shopping trip to Liverpool last weekend, I was handed a sample of the latest fragrance from Guerlain Paris called 'La Petite Robe Noir' (or 'The Little Black Dress in English) in Debenhams. I love trying new fragrances, and was excited to give this one a spritz.

The fragrance is described on the card as 'A fresh and romantic floral lace embroidered with sparkling fruity notes'.

 
When first spritzed it, I found the scent to be quite powerful - a little too overbearing for me. However after a couple of minutes it settled into a delicate floral aroma that's great for everyday wear. I couldn't really detect the fruity notes, and despite the name suggesting that it's more of an evening fragrance, I personally feel it's too understated for a night on the town. I guess a romantic night in would be more fitting.
 
I also would have liked the fragrance to last a little longer. It seemed to wear off quite quickly on me, but everyone will be different in that respect based on body temperature etc.
 
It's not a fragrance I would choose personally, but I'll use up the rest of the tester. I do love testers that come in spray bottles, they're so handy for popping in your bag!
 
Will you be giving this fragrance a try? Which perfumes are you loving at the moment?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment