I thought I'd do something a bit different today and share a quick, healthy and tasty recipe of mine with you. A great meal idea for when you're in a rush, this delicious chicken and vegetable stir fry has zero preparation time, and is ready in under 10 minutes.
Here's what you will need:
1. A pack of chicken breast mini fillets or diced chicken breast
2. A pack of mixed stir fry veg - my favourite is Asda's Fresh Tastes Water Chestnut and Bamboo Stir Fry Mix
3. Soy sauce
4. Dried minced garlic
5. Dried crushed chili flakes
5. Chinese 5 spice
6. Olive oil
And here's the recipe:
1. Add a splash of olive oil to the pan and brown the chicken on a high heat for around 5 minutes.
2. Drain off any excess oil, then add a sprinkle of minced garlic, chili and Chinese 5 spice with a dash of soy sauce. Leave for a further minute for the flavours to infuse.
3. Add the vegetables and a generous amount of soy sauce
4. Add another sprinkle of garlic, chili and Chinese 5 spice to taste
5. Stir fry for 2 minutes
6. Serve and enjoy
This stir fry is definitely up there amongst my favourite meal ideas. The chili gives it a nice kick and the flavours from the Chinese 5 spice really absorb into the chicken, giving it a lovely contrasting cinnamon-y taste that works really well against the spicy chili and the salty soy sauce.
Will you be giving this recipe a go? What are your favourite meals?